How’s your week going?! Mine’s been really great and I can hardly wait to leave for my trip tonight! 9pm can’t come fast enough.
This week ahead will surely be a whirlwind but the BEST kind.
Remember how much I love breakfast? Well, I love it so much that I wanted to share a new recipe Sam made that I’m obsessed with. It’s his take on the traditional breakfast burrito… you know the ones with the best of all breakfast ingredients!
This particular one includes everything good—eggs, cheese, bacon, and potatoes. It’ll leave you full and with a huge smile on your face, guaranteed.
Here’s what you’ll need:
-(Extra sharp) cheddar cheese slices
–Ore Ida frozen hash browns
-Bacon (we’ve been into turkey bacon lately)
-Salt & pepper
-Hot sauce (optional)
1. Start off by cooking the bacon slices in a large pan. Three slices is good for each breakfast burrito.
2. Once the bacon is cooked through to a golden brown (about 10-12 minutes), put aside, discard of the bacon grease, and cook the shredded hash brown potatoes in a little oil olive, salt, and pepper.
They should brown within 8-10 minutes as you flip from side to side. Press down on them with the back of a spatula so that they get nice and crispy and it creates chunk-like pieces.
3. Start assembling your burrito on the counter. Place a slice of cheese cut in half first, followed by a thin later of the potatoes, and then three bacon slices.
4. Crack two eggs, add a little salt and pepper, and scramble up. (Sam prefers his over-easy, if that’s what you like instead, too!)
5. Add the eggs as the final layer.
6. Roll up your burrito, tucking in the sides to keep all the ingredients within. Then carefully place the burrito back onto the pan to brown on all sides, slowly turning every couple minutes.
It should have grill marks and should remain firm/in tact when moved to a cool surface.
7. Carefully cut burrito at an angle into three smaller bite-sized burritos.
Stare… drool… get ready….
8. Sit back, grab your hot sauce, and get to grubbin’.
9. Worry about your workout later… 😉
This breakfast burrito was so seriously yummy! I’m truly lucky Sam loves to cook and he’s so into breakfast. He gets me…. haha!!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear what you think. I’ll pass your remarks on to the chef 😉
More Posts All About Food: