Good morning, friends!
How is your week going so far?
Though I still can’t believe December is really here and 2017’s coming to a close, I can’t help but feel all warm, cozy, and festive each and every time December rolls around. The holidays are just such a happy and special time of year—for me, anyway. 🙂 (I hope for you too.)
I love being around family, friends, and co-workers as we celebrate togetherness, great food, and the spirit of the season.
I get really pumped thinking of all the fun holiday things to do each December to make the month feel extra exciting, and making a list almost acts as a countdown to the big day… CHRISTMAS!
I gotta admit, living in Southern California tricks me sometimes, because it doesn’t feel like Christmas one bit. It’s been in the 70s all season long and there’s absolutely no snow in the forecast…. ever. Though I don’t mind the warmth, it’s almost as if I have to create the season to feel how I’m used to it feeling. Weird, huh?
Anyway, that’s just the way that it is here and I’ve accepted it, so…
Instead of keeping you wondering what my December to-so list looks like, I thought today I’d share some of my favorite things with you. Go ahead and steal these ideas for yourself.
It’s the best time of year! Clearly I am pumped. Lol.
Here’s what I plan on doing this month to ring in Christmas just right:
– Buy holiday-scented candles
– Drive around to look at neighborhoods with tons of Christmas lights (like Alameda’s Christmas Tree Lane)
– Watch Christmas movies (Some favorites are—A Charlie Brown Christmas, Home Alone, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, Elf, The Holiday, A Christmas Story, The Santa Claus, Love Actually, and yes… some Hallmark original movies, haha!)
– Make mulled wine (Have you ever had it? So. damn. good.)
– Send a few Christmas cards
– Buy a few new ornaments for your tree, or maybe try even making your own by hand
– Go ice skating
– Sing Christmas carols with friends and family (Don’t take yourself too seriously)
– Have a holiday get-together where you have a signature cocktail and finger foods
– Wear festive flannel pajamas
– Drink eggnog
– Cozy up by a fire
– Go skiing, snowboarding, or snoeshowing
– Bake and decorate some Christmas cookies
– Buy a festive Starbucks coffee drink
– Donate a gift
– Give a gift to your neighbors and postal workers
– Go on a brisk hike
You can also…
Print out this calendar and follow along with me that way!
To get started, buy some heavenly-scented candles… that was yesterday’s to-do item. 😉
Hope you enjoy this and have lots of fun playing along.
I can’t wait for Christmas. It’ll be my first one as a married woman, so that’s exciting. 😉
Have a great one,
Other Recent Posts:
Meet Me On The Mat: You Can’t Do Everything All The Time
Meet Me On The Mat: The Past Week
Feel Good Friday: Keeping It Real What I’m Wicked Into: The Good Getter’s Holiday Gift Guide Meet Me On The Mat: What Are You Thankful For?
Feel Good Friday: In Case You Missed It…
What I’m Wicked Into: A Broccoli Quiche To Eat All Week Feel Good Friday: 28 Things About Me
What I’m Wicked Into: Clove Tea Meet Me On The Mat: You’re Exactly Where You Need To Be
Feel Good Friday: Haley Reinhart At The El Rey Theater What I’m Wicked Into: Dishes I’d Drive Out Of My Way For In LA Meet Me On The Mat: Move Closer To The Truth Feel Good Friday: Facial Essentials For Glowing Skin