Hi and happy Wednesday!
How’s your week going?
Sometimes—when I don’t know what to write—I really like answering random questions to share with you guys.
I found this little (well, it’s kind of long) questionnaire from a blog called The Fab Files, so I decided to give it a go.
Here we go…
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
Ari, “R”, My mom calls me Vavi/Vavs, Sam calls me Bella, Snoopy/Snoops, and Bubs. I prefer Ari overall.
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read?
Too many. LOL
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
Pretty often, especially while on a long call waiting for something. I like to draw hearts, flowers, and really random doodles. Sometimes big block letters.
4. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I try to meditate, watch TV if I need to just get more tired, or read a book.
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?
Oh man, maybe two? I don’t feel like I could do it very long. I’m a very social, active and outdoorsy person.
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away?
YES, I save everything. And after years have passed, sometimes I use old ones to create my own original cards by cutting them up and using the old paper as decals.
7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know?
I guess my Dad, lol. He saves everything. You should see our basement…
8. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost?
I just kind of walk in, smile big, and look for familiar faces.
9. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be?
My strongest sense would probably be smell. If I had to give one up, it would be smell—but that would suck!
10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Just when I use the bathroom really, so like a few times in the morning, a few times during the day and then again at night before bed. And, whenever I pass a mirror.
11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
Hmmmmm…. I don’t know.
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections?
Super rarely which is sad. I used to read local papers in Massachusetts but since living in LA, I don’t really.
15. Which animals scare you most? Why?
Cats. I just cannot.
16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
Avoid and avoid until I HAVE to talk it out.
17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savored?
Someone said they liked my curls and I thought that was sweet because this mane is CRAY.
18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will?
My height. I’d love to be a few inches taller. I feel like I could wear different clothes.
19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain.
Yes, I like routine.
20. Are you high maintenance? Explain.
Nope. Very minimalistic.
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits?
Hiking with Caitie in January 🙂 It was a really hard, hard incline and we killed it!
22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why?
Both! I enjoy being friendly to mostly everyone but there are probably just a couple handfuls of people I consider my very close friends.
23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others?
Both at the same time.
24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone?
Hmmmm… I have to think about that one more.
25. What do you think about more than anything else?
My future and how to create the “perfect plan” to get there.
26. What’s something that amazes you?
People that were able to start their own businesses/empires and keep them going for so long.
27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why?
Shoot straight, respectfully (even if it hurts or is hard to swallow).
28. Where’s your favorite place to take an out-of-town guest?
29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why?
Massage because I can’t reach.
30. Do you have a catchphrase?
Not really, no.
31. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking with them?
I am fine with people expressing their beliefs as long as they don’t expect me to always agree. I will always hear someone out but if they are pushy or rude about it, I won’t bother.
32. How and where do you prefer to study?
Alone in a library, quiet coffee shop, or just at home.
33. What position do you sleep in?
Back or side.
34. What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why?
Kennebunk, Maine. I just love Maine. It’s my second home and I miss it so much.
35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new?
Outgoing, polite, and funny.
36. How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you?
No affect really other than I look up and really respect my older brother.
37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
That my family is so far away and I can feel homesick at times 😦
38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be?
I think I’m good!
39. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not?
41. What do you consider unforgivable?
I tend to forgive with time because it’s not worth it to hold grudges.
42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not?
Yes, you have to… to move on with life.
43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?
Not worth my time, haha
44. Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for?
45. To what extent do you trust people? Explain.
If they are in my tight circle, I trust them fully.
46. In what area of your life are you immature?
I feel like I’m super mature in most areas of life, but I guess I’m immature when it comes to humor sometimes and what kinds of things make me laugh.
47. What was the best news you ever received?
That Sam wanted to do life together when he proposed!
48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular?
Pretty difficult because I worry about hurting others. So it takes a ton of courage for me to speak up at times. Butttt, I end up doing it and feeling really good that I did.
49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? What was the long term result? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first?
Many times. There’s just something there instantly and I act on it. I’m still friends with many of the people I hit it off with a first sight.
50. When do you find yourself singing?
ALL. THE. TIME. I love singing.
That’s it from me!