How’s it going today?
This past weekend flew by and I think the time change yesterday may have thrown me off a bit. I was hungry at weird times and wayyyy more tired than normal. Good thing I didn’t have many plans or things to get done.
The weekend was fun! Sam and I had a couple date meals—Friday dinner at Elf Cafe in Echo Park and breakfast on Saturday at Foxy’s Diner in Glendale.
Elf, per usual, was great. We love sitting at the bar and watching them cook right in front of us. We split a sourdough/feta/beet starter and then smokey mushrooms with a pickled slaw. Both were great! And we were surprisingly full after just those two things, so we cut ourselves off there. 🙂
Foxy’s was nice and cozy.
I noticed they had a brand new vegan menu and our server mentioned it was her idea since she’s vegan. Though I’m not vegan, I was really excited to see healthier options available. I got one of the vegan breakfast wraps and it was so yummy.
The rest of the weekend was pretty laid back—just yoga and thrifting a little, and then my friend Joey’s karaoke birthday party which was a blast.
5 Random Things I Google’d This Weekend
Do you ever catch yourself Googling random things and then you end up getting lost in an online search?
That happens to me every so often, so I wanted to share some things I found that caught my eye.
– Being from Boston, this show really caught my eye right away when I noticed it was on. How have I never heard of it before? They feature cool restaurants and things to do in the city. Just more reasons to love Boston!
– I love bread pudding so much that it’s probably an issue. So, if there’s any way I can make a more healthy version, I’m into it! I can’t wait to make this.
– Doesn’t this sound so amazing and refreshing? I really want to make it ASAP and see if it’s as good as I think it would be. I love lemonade and lavender so this has to be delicious, right?
– If you’ve never heard of the restaurant Lemonade, you’re missing out! They offer tons of options for meals in a cafeteria style set-up. Did you know there recipes have been shared on Pinterest? You can legit look most of them up and recreate them on your own. Pretty cool.
– Yum and yes please! I saw this on the TV show, The Kitchen, and immediately wanted to make some. I just love the flavor of rosemary. Popcorn’s been a hit at our place most weeknights these days. So easy to make and always the perfect accompaniment to watching TV.
What’s the last thing you Google’d?
Have a great Monday,