How was your weekend?!
Mine was equal parts fun & chill. Sam and I went out to do karaoke with friends Friday, saw our friends Keith and Val on Saturday for lunch, grabbed a yummy Sunday breakfast with Maria, and then the rest of the weekend was spent hanging out and working a bit remotely.
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about gratitude and being thankful for life right now, just as it is.
It’s so easy to get wrapped up in what’s going wrong or what we need to fix, that sometimes we forget all the amazing little things that make our lives so meaningful.
That’s why it’s time for a fun, light-hearted post! How bout it!?
In no particular order, here are 8 things that had me smiling lately:
– Our Annual tradition of attending the US Surf Open in Huntington Beach… as spectators of course! 😂 (Year #5 for us)
We love going, watching the surfers, buying new T-shirts, and then having lunch at BLK: Earth Sea Spirits.
It’s legit one of our favorite California traditions.
– Karaoke with friends at Backstage Bar & Grille. This bar is so fun and the crowd is supportive to everyone that has the courage to get up and sing. I sang “Dancing on my Own” by Robyn and (yes, two songs…. lol) “Rehab” by Amy Winehouse. Good times!
Letting loose = 😛
– A recent work Happy Hour! Mezcal drinks and cheesy apps… ’nuff said. Well, one more thing… it was a bar I’ve always wanted to check out — Catcher In The Rye in Toluca Lake. So cute with its book theme and novel-inspired cocktail menu.
– My friend, Caitie, and her two gal pals are starting their own Physical Therapy business and I couldn’t be more proud! POWER team 👏 I know all the hard work that went into this huge accomplishment so it’s so amazing to see it all happening!
– Our good friends Maria and Brandon got married (YAY!!) and their wedding was so special, beautiful and fun!
I mean… how handsome is this amazing couple?!
– I’ve been really enjoying some yummy lunches lately with friends and trying to maintain my healthy lifestyle (between happy hours and late-night karaoke-ing, haha!)
These protein bowls had me smiling ear to ear. The one on the left is from Lincoln in Pasadena from an early-birthday celebration for Maria, and on the right is a bowl from Basecamp in Burbank on my girl-date with Kristen! Meals with friends always make me feel so happy. Finding people that I mesh with so well is just the best.
– My Zumba class this past weekend was THE BEST. Not only were two of my favorite dancing buddies there, Ben and Mitch, but my new friend Austin came out too! Worlds colliding and dancing to the MAX. 🔥
– We’re going on vacation SO SOON. Like in 4 days. In one week from RIGHT NOW, I’ll be laying on the beach in Maine with my amazing family and then will be celebrating my best friend, Rebecca, at her WEDDING! What could be better than that?
Anyway, enough about me. What’s new with you?
Do you have 8 things that make you smile? C’mon, you know you do. We all do.
It could be something as simple as, “I just made the best morning coffee” or “My friends hosted an amazing brunch at their place.”
Keeping a gratitude journal is so nice… I highly recommend it. When you jot down the little things that make your world better, you instantly will start to feel and think differently. Practicing thankfulness does the heart good.
That’s all for now!
If I’m not back to blog before my trip, I promise to post pictures from my east coast travels once I return.
Remember, there are always reasons to smile.