It’s time, guys.
Let’s get on the mat and flow together.
I was eight months pregnant when I completed my 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training at One Down Dog in Los Angeles. For five months, I meditated, flowed, studied and grew inspired by a room full of yogis, who still to this day, hold a very special place in my heart.
READ: How I Found Yoga
Fast forward a month after this “graduation” photo, and I became a new mother to my son Henry. If you’ve been following me on social media, you’ve seen plenty of him. 🙂
With the start of this exciting (and overwhelming) time as a new parent, also came a cross-country move and a new job. And then, covid…. and a whole lot of hygge at home.
Now, I’m here in Massachusetts. My feet are sturdy on the ground again and I have good handle on this parenting thing (most days).
Earlier this month, I felt drawn to start teaching — like for real. Earlier in quarantine I read the book Untamed by Glennon Doyle who said “We can do hard things” — and well, I believed her. Sure, there’s fear. There’s unknowing. There’s figuring it all out. But the first step is saying you’re going to do it. So…*points to self*… I’m GOING to do it!
READ: What To Expect Out Of Your First Yoga Class
I want to share my love and passion for yoga, mindfulness, breathwork and positivity with you.
No matter where life has taken me, yoga has always been right there; like a close friend and a shoulder to lean on. It never leaves. It’s always available. In my most joyful, confused, invigorating and stressful times, I turn to yoga, and it brings me up-up-and-away.
I welcome all who are interested, no matter your age, experience and/or pace. Your pace is the right pace. Take it slow if you’re looking for a more restorative practice or speed things up to get that fire burning.
Each week, I encourage you to step on to the mat with an open mind and open heart. Whatever you’re faced with that day/week, I’ll be right there with you on the mat breathing through it.
As always, I welcome your feedback as I navigate the world of teaching (especially in an online format), so please call/text/message/email me with your takeaways after class.
Read: Let’s Meditate
I’m very grateful for you all.
Please scroll down to view my group yoga offerings for 2021.
“Fire Up Flow” : Power Vinyasa Flow
I’ll be offering this 30-minute class every Tuesday at 6:30am ET/3:30am PT (<— yikes, lol).
A steady flow that will challenge your mind and body through fun sequences and vinyasas that link breath to movement. Great for experienced yogis or those looking to build a little morning heat.
Class starts Tuesday, January 5, 2021.
“Feel Good Friday Eve Flow” : Chill Flow
I’ll be offering this 30-minute class every Thursday at 8:00pm ET/5:00pmPT.
An all-levels stretchy, slower-paced flow that will hold poses for longer and drop you into a relaxing space, guiding you into a peaceful night’s sleep. Great for beginners yogis or those looking to de-stress and prioritize self-care.
Class starts Thursday, January 7, 2021.
*Note: After the first month, I’d love to know if these days/times are working well for you. Please let me know. I’ll do my best to accomodate the group as a whole.
- WHAT TO EXPECT: 1) A good stretch 2) a flow 3) a relaxing cool down 4) some mindful meditation 5) and a few laughs.
- WHAT TO WEAR: Athletic clothing/leggings/anything you can move freely in.
- PROPS: Mat, water, towel, and blocks and blanket are optional but nice to have near.
- HOW TO REGISTER: Send me an email at email@example.com. Let me know which class(es) you’d like to take, any previous experience you have with yoga, and what you’re looking for out of this practice. After that, set a recurring calendar reminder in your phone. 😉
- ZOOM: You’ll receive a ZOOM link the morning of the practice and will use that to sign in. Please have the ZOOM app downloaded (you only need the free version) and be ready to log in a minute or two before class. (I’d love to say hi before we get started.)
- TIMING: Classes start promptly on Tuesdays at 6:30am ET and Thursdays at 8:00pm ET. Each class is 30 minutes long. I appreciate your time and realize we all have busy schedules. If you need to jump off early, I totally understand. Just let me know before class so I don’t feel ghosted, hah.
- MUSIC: Use my (optional) Spotify playlists during class. It’s best to use a separate device for the playlist. If you don’t have a premium account, it will play ads.
- DONATION: All classes are donation-based via Venmo (@ariana-becker). Everyone is welcome—always.
Wow. Thanks for reading this far, friends.
I’d suggest bookmarking this blog post if you want to look back and reference it. 😉
Also… BRING A FRIEND, BRING YOUR SPOUSE. Yoga is all about community. Feel free to spread the word about these classes.
I so appreciate your interest, and promise you lots of yoga-filled fun and happiness.